Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Unexpected Trip

So Bill was in New York for a week and the kids and I flew up to Sacramento for a final destination of good ole' Redding, CA. Bill's step-grandmother Mary, Tiger's mom, had passed away on Halloween's eve and the services were to be held the 15th of November. We had not planned on going, not being able to afford a trip like that, until Susie, Bill's mom, bought us tickets and we were on our way. Because Bill was gone for the week she suggested that we come for that time and I'm so glad we did. We don't have the heavy picture load to show for it but we had a great time. Besides the unfortunate circumstances, it was nice to see everyone together again, and to be there amongst the raw emotions. It was a bit difficult during the wake to hear Mary's daughters talking about their mom. It reminded me of how much time I missed out having with my own mother, but it was nice to feel of their love for their mom.

The kids and I arrived Tuesday the 11th and my dad picked us up from the airport. Hearing my kids scream "Papa" will never get old for me. We enjoyed a stop at Sonic before heading on our journey northwards. The week was filled with visits to friends and family as it always is whenever we go to our old stomping ground, and yet however often we go, and no matter how long we stay, it never seems to be enough time to see everyone we'd like to. We were able to spend good quality time with my side of the family at pizza, for dinner one night and at the park. Angie and I came up with a brilliant plan to reserve the party room at Round Table instead of going out to dinner at a regular restaurant. It was GREAT! The kids were able to play around and the adults...well, we actually got to converse one with another! What a fantastic idea! (Highly recommend it to anyone getting together with a group of families.)
Bill was able to fly in from New York Friday night and drive up from Sacramento with his brother, for the services the next day. It was nice to have time as a family again and to all travel home together. It was the first time the kids were able to fly with their dad! It was nice to sit across the aisle and look on for a change. I was a little confused though...Aaron was being really mellow. I told Bill it wasn't fair and that our rambunctious child was not normally this calm. He just smiled and said, "Yeah right!" Oh well.

2 comments:

Grandma Susie said...

Hi Family,

Glad you are home safe and sound. I hope everyone is happy and healthy.

Love,

Grandma Susie

Lovell Family said...

Man, I hadn't seen your last two posts....glad to hear you guys are doing so well. We miss you!