Thursday, July 30, 2009

4th of July


I decided to start my day off with a bike ride. Since we were going to have breakfast at my older sister, Gretchen's house, I decided to ride there. It's about 12 miles, and it was fun. I never thought, growing up, that one day I would bike clear across town. (Bill didn't believe me when I told him. Not the 12 miles, my rides at home are longer, the fact that it was across town. My route was... interesting to avoid freeways.) When I showed up at the Reasbeck's, Ryan looked at me like I was absolutely insane, "Did you run here?" "No I biked." "Oh." The kids thought it was pretty cool that one could actually ride their bike to Papa's. Breakfast was fun. Yummie waffles with great trimmings and everything to make breakfast fantastic. The kids had fun playing and Aaron and Ethan enjoyed the slip'n'slide outside. (Hard to tell apart at times, Aaron's on the right.)
Bill was reunited with us, after a fun trip with his "cousins", for dinner with Dad and Angie and then we all headed to the "Claycamp" spot to watch the fireworks. (On just south of the Market street bridge. Between a giant oak and a motel, it really is a perfect view with not so much traffic.) We joined up with Gretchen's family and her husband's parents as well. (Garrett was working and his family had traveled out of town after Logan's party.) The fireworks were as AWESOME as they've always been. Livi loved the slight thud in her chest and Aaron was proud of himself that he "didn't get scared!". 

Dad bought giant pixie stix and Gee made yummie "puppy chow".

Dad, Angie, Aaron and I
Gretchen with her boys, Ethan (4) and Evan (almost 9)

No comments: