Wednesday, October 28, 2009

LEGOLAND, CA

While we were in San Diego, we decided to take advantage of some free park passes we had received from our stay at Give Kids the World in Orlando for Livi's "Wish" trip.
We ate breakfast at our... humble hotel and then headed off to the park.


The animals and other things built out of Lego's were incredible. But the most fun was the fact that our kids could ride almost every ride. Aaron was 1 inch shy of the big roller coaster but Livi and Bill loved it.
Aaron taking his turn controlling the wind surfers in the "Pacific Ocean".
Livi enjoys her Lego's at home, so she enjoyed the Duplo building stations.
"Rarrr"
It was funny to let Aaron have complete control of the boat. It took a while to get through the course, but it was fun.
The airplanes had just the right amount of "zoom" around the corners to really get the kids laughing.
Jousting with Dad and Livi
This was the "Beetle Bounce". Whoa, did my stomach ever jump. The kids loved it.

We even toured Lombard St. in San Francisco, LA's "Mann" theater, "The Strip" in Vegas, and DC.



















The best was seeing President Obama's inauguration.





Check out the lines to the bathrooms!!! That's some stink comin' out of there!(Green flames out the top of the port-o-potty's.)
After the park we headed home. Thanks to Redboxes between San Diego and home, we had a good drive. Dad even surprised the kids with In and Out. Shakes and all... a great weekend trip!


3 comments:

Cathy said...

How fun!!!! I have never been to a Legoland and it's looking like I might have to add that to my "list" - in fact, I think I might have sent you to the Lego store when you were here in Chicago in the Nordstrom building. I almost felt like you were on Lombard street with me :)

Gretchen said...

So glad that ya'll had a good time. I didn't see you or Bill on the airplane ride. I got on it 7 months pregnant!! WOOSIES!! :) :)

Grandma Susie said...

Great family day! Memories forever!