Wednesday, January 6, 2010

9 years ago...

Yesterday was mine and Bill's 9th wedding anniversary. As I explained it to the kids. "Today is special because 9 years ago mom and dad went to the temple to be married forever so that we could have you two here on earth with us." Aaron asked, "So what are we going to do? Where are we going for dinner?" Olivia said, "Ohhhh, and then, let's see... that was January, my birthday is February,... you had me one month later!" Not quite.

Bill and I recently discussed changing our anniversary celebration to August. We don't have anything happening at that time of year and January 5th is just so close to all the holidays... (I guess if we did that though Olivia would really be confused as to when she was born?!?!) Regardless, neither one of us feel pressured to do anything spectacular, which actually ends up working well for us.

Technically Bill did book a vacation for us on this day... the two of us will be relaxing for a week in Cancun later in the year!!! That's pretty spectacular.

The kids got excited about all the candles I bought for a bubble bath and wanted to know if they could join us. They had their candle lit bath the following evening. I love our kids. They love to be excited. I love that they are first hand witnesses of mine and Bill's love for each other. Life is so good to us!

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Grandma Susie said...

Nine wonderful exciting years and many more to go! Happy Anniversary!

Cathy said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! Now the countdown begins to 10 wonderful and happy years!!!