Friday, March 26, 2010

Growing Up

For Livi's 6th birthday, Grandpa and Nana gave Olivia a gift card to Home Depot for her to "remodel" her room. The room has yet to be completed but we knocked out a huge chunk by redoing her closet. Everything is now accessible by her. Upon making more room in her room, and making it work better for her, she decided to sacrifice some of her things from when she was "little". Dolly, who was given to her at her baby shower by her great Aunt Debbie was given final hugs and sent on its way. As well as her princess trunk stuffed to the brim with dress up clothes and her princess jewelry box stuffed with jewels. I was surprised that she wanted to get rid of these things. I knew she didn't really use them except for when friends came over, but I was happy that she was able to let go of some of her younger play times. WOW do they grow up fast of what?!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I am sure she will miss Dolly but a more grown up room will be nice. I love the paint colors that she taped to the wall for my stay. Did she land on a color yet?

Lovell Family said...

So good to hear from you guys...via the blog. I was wondering what had happened to you guys. I'm glad all is well. We need to talk and get all caught up!