Saturday, May 8, 2010

Wedding Bells


(left to right: Katie, Stephanie, Me, Andrea
Anna, Chloe, Voni, Angie, Lorraine, Karen, Kira)
I was fortunate enough to be able to rent a car and drive up to Provo, Utah (area) Thursday morning to attend a bridal shower that my Aunts were throwing for Angie and then help her look for wedding dresses on Friday. Yes, Matt VanDuren asked, and she said yes! She also said "yes" to the dress! (No peeking!)
The shower was great. I got there at the exact time it was starting. I thought I would have an hour to spare... forgot about the time change. Boy did I get lucky. Fantastic food! It was great to see Angie and to listen as she shared her experiences with Matt to Mom's sisters and some of our cousins. We all got teary eyed when she shared about our conviction that Mom helped them find each other.
Friday, while we shopped, Liz Williams, my dear friend, joined us for the searching. It was fun to have a quick visit with her as well. Saturday, it was back in the car for the lonely 5 hour car ride home. Glad I went. Glad to have been there for my baby sister. SOOO HAPPY FOR HER!


3 comments:

Cathy said...

How exciting... going dress shopping with my sister was so much fun!! I am sure that Angie was so happy to have you there.

Grandma Susie said...

Congratulations Angie!

Gretchen said...

So glad that you could be there for her. Thank you.