Sunday, August 24, 2008

I've got your back

Not to break up the whole flow of things with my "Holiday" blogs (yes I still have one left...it was a long vacation!) but I wanted to put this down before the freshness of it wore off.
Tonight, our family was able to join in the celebration of Ben McMillan's 3rd birthday. I was granted the pleasure of decorating a little cake for Benny and we joined their family and some other friends of theirs for dinner and dessert. It was great company and an enjoyable evening had by all, especially the birthday boy who loved his new bike, "WOW!". Upon our departure Stephanie McMillan (mom) shared a little experience with Bill and I. Apparently at some point in the evening the three older kids were all upstairs conjouring up a bit of dialogue between themselves.
Sophie (friend of McMillan's, age 6)to Olivia, as nice as possible considering the topic:"It's really too bad that you don't have more hair."
Olivia, age 4, while rubbing her head, with curiosity upon her face states: "I have some."
Todd, age 7, and Livi's personal knight in shining armor, defensively protests: "SHE HAS LEUKEMIA!"

I love it! Do people in America do arranged marriages anymore??!