Saturday, August 15, 2009

Wrapping up the week

Friday, the 17th, Mom, Grandpa Bob and I went to Redding's YMCA for a workout while the kids played in their play room. It was great to see the guy working the front desk say hi to Bob by name and tell him that he thought he had missed him that morning. Usually Grandpa goes at 6 or so, we didn't get there til 9 or 9:30. Bob does his two or three, I don't remember which, on the treadmill then does other machines. Mom and I just did some things here and there. I tried rowing for cardio... it was pretty good. I ran into an old family friend from the fire department, Mike Gould. It was nice to see him again and got to introduce him to my kids. (He worked at my dad's fire station when I was 11 or so.) Aaron was more than a little upset when it was time to go. He and Olivia had a great time playing with a marble tower and didn't want to leave. I explained how thankful I was that he was so good for going to the gym with us and that if he would like, I would get him a Slurpee. That was good for him. Grandpa didn't know what Slurpee's were so when he came inside to help get them, at the 7-11 I got one for him too. I got him Coke, thinking he would enjoy the nostalgic flavor, he loved it, and "slurped" up the entire thing. He told me that he remembered when Pepsi first came out. The whole add campaign was based on the fact that you could get a bigger bottle of the cola than coke for a nickel! (Coke, at the time was doing the smaller bottles of soda.)

Later in the day I took the kids to meet up with friends of mine from high school and their kids. Whitney and Casey have both married in to the Lowry family and were visiting their mother-in-law just south of town. It was nice to catch up with them and see all their cute kiddies.

Friday and Saturday night Mom and Tiger had prior commitments to attend so the kids and I hung out at my dad's to help get things ready for camping. Saturday was spent shopping for camping and packing for the week's trip to come.
This was Aaron shopping with me at Trader Joe's in Redding.

1 comment:

Grandma Susie said...

Thank you Rachel for bringing back all the fun time we shared together. It goes by way to quickly. It's always nice to get the pictures and recap from you.
Thank You! :)