Sunday, November 7, 2010

Summer in Redding

Sunday, before Bill flew home from the Redding airport, we got to have breakfast at the soon to be VanDuran home and go to Matt and Angie's ward which happens to also be the Reasbecks' ward.

We spent most nights out in Palo Cedro with Bill's Aunt Tenley and Uncle Jim. The kids loved "swimming" in their hot tub as we sat sweating in the Redding heat watching them play. On Tuesday, the 27th, Tenley took us to a wonderful waterfall right below Mt. Shasta along with a little hike from which we could see Mt. Shasta and the start of the Sacramento River. We had a great picnic lunch where the kids and I tried fresh mango for the first time. I am sad to report that none of us cared for it. We even stopped for some soft serve ice cream at a little roadside diner.

We spent the night at my brother, Garrett's house. I got to babysit their 4 kids while they spoke on being "Fun and flirty" at a church activity. We swam til it was too dark to see and then the 4 older kids rinsed off in the shower together while I got the 2 little girls in their pj's. I got a great video of the kids doing chants in the shower. We went to see The Wizard of Oz in the Anderson River Park with the Claycamps as well.

We also visited with Grandpa Bill a few times. We learned that he had attended the LDS church the previous Sunday and had been meeting with the missionaries for a while now. They had simply knocked on his door and he invited them in, remembering how he would've wanted his
son treated on his mission. I rejoined him for church on Sunday the 1st where I was able to bare my testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel and the importance of the temple. It was very richly emotional and we were able to share a very special moment together. The following Tuesday the kids and I went back down so that they could do a woodworking project with Grandpa and also I was able to join in on a missionary discussion. We too had a wonderfully intimate discussion.

We played at the Reasbeck's and spent the night there. I finished sewing my skirt, Livi's dress, Kristi's blouse, Chase and Aaron's pants, Gretchen's zipper on her skirt and a hem on her blouse... I even glued Chandler's eyelid back together. Krazy Glue is amazing, he doesn't even have a scar!

No comments: