Thursday, May 22, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Yes, we've made it home. We made it home to a freshly sterilized house (thanks to dear friends from church and neighbors) yesterday, Wednesday, around 3:30. Livi was pretty wasted but started to move around after about an hour. She had received a bone marrow test, spinal tap, spinal chemo-therapy and an IV push of therapy all within a few hours of eachother. She was wiped!
When Aaron awoke from his nap he was elated to find Livi in his house. She got off the couch and started chasing him around, "I'm gonna get ya"! The sweetness of it all brought tears to my eyes. She tired out quickly and then Aaron proceeded to bring book after book to Olivia so she could read it to him. Very sweet and rewarding as a mother to see such love.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Ellisons,
We love this blog. What a blessing that is Olivia is at home!!! Your family is in our prayers everyday.
Love,
The Elliotts

Unknown said...

Hi there Ellison family, feels funny to be writing to you when you are just downstairs but it feels nice to know that you are all down there now together! We keep you in our prayers. Lovely to see you in your favourite pink dress again Olivia! Love the upstairs neighbours, the Harringtons.

Steph said...

Congratulations on your homecoming. I'm so glad you're all together again. We pray for you daily. Hope we have some movies and popcorn in the castle again soon.
Love,
The McMillans

Unknown said...

We are so glad that Olivia is home now. Now we know how many things you and your princess went through...
We are sending prayers for you.
Love,

Your Neighbor,
The Arnopps.

Unknown said...

Mrs. Ellison!!
I'm not sure if your remember me, but its Elizabeth Pham from Sam Brannan! I'm sorry to hear about Olivia. I hope she becomes better soon. Also, congrats on your son, even though I'm a couple years late. haha But I just wanted to say hi and that I hope you and your family are doing well.
love,
Liz P