Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Slight Set Back

Livi was doing well and set to go home on Sunday, the 18th, but Saturday evening she spiked a fever of 103! I've been so paranoid about fevers because Dr. B. said anything 100.5 and higher is a trip to the E.R. They drew blood, through her handy dandy port, "No more pokes!" and got her fever down no problem. They never did find why the fever but the simple fact that she had one meant 2 more days observation in the hospital. This too had a silver lining, or several for that matter. Saturday night I felt ill and had to go home...yes, I went home. Sunday when I came back I wore a mask because I wasn't exactly sure what was going on. (turns out it was probably just a combination of lack of nutrition, excercise, sleep and fresh air.) By the afternoon I was feeling fine. I stayed with Livi Sunday with my sister, Angela, who had just flown in to town, and Monday morning Bill called saying he had thrown up all night. Thank goodness for that fever!!! See, silver linings everywhere you look!!! Both Bill and I are feeling back to normal strength besides the bit of softer tummies we are aquiring; me with lack of grueling workout routines and Bill's new friend, the self-service soda machine 10 yards away!!! He officially told me he's done with soda today. We'll see. He did turn down my offer for a bite of the Snickers Ice Cream bar Livi and I were sharing.

No comments: