Monday, September 1, 2008

Why I love Vegas


Thankfully after Bill being on assignment most of last week, in Ohio to be exact, he had today off for Labor Day. YEA!!! The kids were dying to go to Red Rock so that's what we did. We packed a backpack lunch, which I'm getting very good and fast at, and went on our way. We left our place at around 9 and were on the trail by 9:30. This is why I LOVE Las Vegas. Now, I'm sure that there were great outdoor things to do in Sacramento but we never found them. And I know there were great things to do in Redding, but having grown up there Bill and I never did them, we took them for granted. But here...everything is new and we must take advantage of it all, so we try our best to appreciate it all. Hence the quick backpack lunches. On good weather days, which are more often then not once we're through the 100 plus months of the summer, the kids and I hardly ever eat lunch at home. We're always out. Driving up to Red Rock today I told Bill, "I don't see how I could ever get tired of seeing this." We all agreed, and had a fantastic 2 1/2 hour hike. The weather was perfect, 80 degrees and sunny with a soft breeze. The kids did GREAT! In fact Livi, of all people, did better than Aaron and wanted to climb bigger rocks and steeper hills. She was fantastic, and encouraged Aaron every bit of the way. Both of our "rock"stars were so proud of themselves for what they accomplished throughout the hike. We've been to Red Rock Canyon a few times before but had done the kids exploration hike. This time we went off the beaten path and simply climbed rocks. We thought the trail was fun; it pales drastically in comparison to what we did today. All four of us concur that we got a great workout. Bill says that's a lot coming from me!
Here's some more pics that were just too great not to share!


6 comments:

caracathryn said...

Looks like you had a great day at Red Rock!! It's great to hear how much you all enjoy living in Las Vegas.

Meg and Jeremy said...

Oh my gosh! We were at Red Rock too! Wish we had run into you there. Check out our blog for the pics of our labor day fun!

bendanielsfamily said...

It looks like your family had LOTS of fun. Also Livi looks so adorable at the wedding!!!

Grandma Susie said...

Dear Family,

Great pictures of a great day! I must tell you though, the one of Bill standing out on the ledge looks pretty scary! I can remember what a horrible day it was for Olivia when we went there this spring; what a difference! She looks so strong and confident.

williams family said...

We should do something like that next time we come. Looks like fun!

Staiger Smiles said...

Oh, we are so jealous! Looks like so much fun! The hidden treasures of Vegas. What great memories!