Monday, October 27, 2008

GREAT TIMES


What a treat to have been able to get together with the girls from Hurley Ward and catch up on life! I had such a great time seeing my friends. We met for dessert at a restaurant in Sandy, just south of Salt Lake City, Utah. Luckily, Jessica, in red, happened to be in town for the weekend from Oklahoma. Lisa and Liz live in the area. Liz's husband Sean, watched, and put my kids down for me so the night could happen. Thank you Sean. I guess next it will be Mike's turn to watch my kids! Girls, thank you for clearing my mind for the evening.

We came to Utah for my cousin Eric's mission farewell, but we were able to get more friend time in and stay with the Williams. Their little girl Kate was too cute. She even let Livi and Aaron borrow some of her babies the night before while Sean babysat. 

Olivia and I helped my Aunt Yvonne and cousin Katie, get desserts ready for the family dinner that was to take place the night before the farewell, as well as for a get together of friends following church the next day. Needless to say, she enjoyed herself immensely!

Believe it or not this is Aaron having fun. He's "smile(ing) big for the camera!" The other cutie that Aaron seems to be terrifying is one of my cousins son's Corbin. (They are about the same age.) This picture was taken at the family dinner Saturday night the 18th. It was a Nielsen family dinner, which is my mom's family, most of them were there. It was bitter sweet. So great to be around so many reminders of mom, and so hard to be around so many reminders of mom.

My cousin Alyssa is sooo good with kids. She herself is only 17 but acts as if she's had decades of experience. She had all the younger cousins and great grand kids captivated by different games and activities. Olivia LOVED playing this hand slap game with all the girls. Funny how in our family there's only 2 girls, in my mom's siblings families it turned out quite opposite.
After the games Alyssa and a few of the younger cousins, Natalie, Maddison, and Chloe, took the great grand kids downstairs to play dress up. Aaron could not resist. To his own defense, like always, he was true to his manhood and chose blue. Olivia couldn't just throw on anything, like the other girls (Hannah, Emma, and Gabby) she had to coordinate, and it had to make sense. My hard work apparently is paying off! 

I couldn't resist. He had SO MUCH FUN! As if you couldn't tell.

1 comment:

Lovell Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! It'was really fun to go out with the girls! How about you and Jessica always plan your trips?