Monday, February 16, 2009

All Hail to the Chief

What a great holiday President's Day is. I'll be honest, I never really thought much of it before, but today has been great. Bill has the day off except for this evening when a special someone, whose name I will not disclose at this time, will be coming in to town, so we all got an extra day together. This morning Bill and I took turns going for a run around our community, which was great. There's a steady incline for just shy of a mile which was great for the ol' ticker... When I got back I told Bill, "It's so pretty here. There's snow on the mountains all around us and we don't have to deal with it! How great is that?!" After lunch we took a trip to the mall together. The kids had a great time playing in the play area and each got a new pair of tennies as well. It was so fun to watch them help pick out their new shoes. Of course you have to see how fast you run in them, and no way are you not going to wear them out of the mall! They were so gracious. Aaron, more so than Livi. Livi said thank you but Aaron always knows how to make you feel good. "Ooh, I 'ike geeze. Kank'u Mommy. Geeze are nik." (Translation: Ooh, I like theses. Thank you Mommy. These are nice.) What a sweetie. Best thing of it all is that now both kids are asleep. It definitely helps that it's a rainy afternoon and no sunshine is bursting through their drowsy lids. I'll take it any way I can.


3 comments:

Cathy said...

Glad today was filled with the "simple" things. It was great to talk with you and hear Livi's voice yesterday. It made my day!! With the new shoes, Aaron will be able to become a pro at Hopscotch.

Nikki Ellison said...

I agree with Lisa, much easier to read :). I am so glad Livi is home doing so well and you guys had such a great day with Bill home today. Hope you all have a great week and talk to you soon.

Love always and miss you all,
Nikki

Tara said...

I am so glad you had a great weekend and that Livi is home and doing well. Andrea (Scholer) and I had a great time with her in the hospital and with Aaron at Chuck E Cheese. Those kids have already touched my heart. What great kids.a