Friday, February 20, 2009

Turtles, Pizza, Epoxy and more...



What a crazy week we've had...



Tuesday started with a playgroup playdate 
at Peter Piper Pizza. Not great pizza by any means, but the kids had a blast.



Wednesday was a hearing test for Livi. The final step in her really bad ear infection saga. Surprisingly to me she passed... I've always thought that her hearing was a little too much... "Ellison", turns out it is "Ellisonesque"  aka: selective. She has perfect hearing. 

Thursday was Aaron's BIG day. It was his 1st day of school! Well just speech, and only for 1/2 an hour but it was a big deal. We packed his backpack with a: toy, pencil, piece of paper to color, crayons and snack. Oh, and he made sure I didn't forget his water bottle. The simple fact was, I wanted it to be a big deal for him. With everything over the past year I don't want him to feel like he's an after thought, so this was perfect. Olivia was great about the whole thing too. She kept saying, "Wow, Aaron. You're such a big boy. You get to go to school! I don't even go to school yet. Good job Buddy!" (too cute) Livi and I just sat in the office foyer and she read her book to me. (Tuesday when I registered him he went to the classroom with his "teacher"/therapist for maybe 10 minutes. When he came back and saw me he started crying and told me, "Go away mommy, me rige 'kool buk. No me go home 'ik u."  (translation: Go away mommy, me ride school bus. No me go home with you.) My heart broke. Luckily for Thursday I was able to explain that our house is too new to have the school bus come to it. He was okay with that.)



Thursday night we got to feed Frank and Fiona, the turtles we are sitting for some friends. They are super cute. Apparently they are in hibernation and so eat every other day and do nothing in between. Very much the ideal pet in mine and Bill's minds. We've decided, instead of getting any type of pet we will simply pet sit for our friends' turtles!


Friday, today, we lost access to our garage and driveway which translates to loss of access to 
 front door. Allow me to explain. With the rain as of late we noticed that our garage had been puddling, a good 6-8 ft in! I spoke to the home builder's construction manager and
explained the situation. His paving company got in touch with me and started work Thursday. They had to re-slope the garage floor in that corner and so to make the whole garage look uniform they are laying epoxy down! Cool huh? I love how epoxy garage floors look but could never see myself paying for it. Lucky us. The driveway also had to be re-sloped,  so they tore part of it out and started over. I'm impressed with the whole thing. I was really only looking for maybe a re-pour, not epoxy!

2 comments:

Lovell Family said...

how lucky you are! My brother has been having trouble with his drive way (cracking and stuff...house is only a year old) and has had NO LUCK getting anyone to do anything about it...sounds like you bought the right house!

Grandma Susie said...

Great to hear you you had a wonderful normal week; Aaron looks so grown-up!

I must share with you, I had a little pet turtle for at least one year; it was in a small aquarium that sat on my dresser in my bedroom. I loved that litte turtle; so easy to keep, but you do have to remember to feed them; they never complain! :)