Saturday, January 31, 2009

Our BIG little Birthday Boy


We can hardly believe it.  Today Aaron turned 3! WOW! He's such a cutie. What else can I say? All he's been wanting to do for his birthday is go bowling so that's what we did. We invited just a few friends that he absolutely adores and had a blast. 
A specific present that Aaron said he wanted for his birthday was his "unk'e Agam"... and so, in 
came Uncle Adam with his posse from Utah. The kids woke up to 5 kid friendly Utah boys who ran them ragged before the 9 o'clock hour! (The boys ran my kids ragged, just to clarify.) And then it was off to the donut shop for a treat and out to the street on his new Spiderman Bike! Aaron thought it was pretty cool. Now if we could only get him to pedal things would be much easier. 

The bowling alley was lots of fun. Aaron even had an impressive
 score. He bowled an even 5 without any help. He couldn't have been more proud. At one point he even started putting one of his fingers in the holes of the ball and trying to do the stepping(see pic on left.)It obviously didn't work all that well and he fell but  he thought it was pretty cool. After a game of bowling (which took slightly more than an hour's time) 
all gathered around to sing "Happy Birthday", open presents and eat the yummy Chocolate/Yellow Mickey Mouse cake. 





Aaron loved everyone singing to him and kept looking around with his big blue eyes shining. 
He had great success blowing out the first candle and struggled on the next 2. Eventually the flames disappeared but I'm not quite sure what
happened to the 2nd one. ?  He dove right in to his presents and was excited with each new gift placed before him. This is what I love about my son. He loves life. He loves all the great new things that he gets to experience every day. He loves people and has such great manners. Most of the gifts he said "thank you" for without a reminder from me. He's such a sweetheart. 

The cake ... if I do say so myself... was superb! I didn't know what to do for his cake because all he could tell me was that he wanted a blue cake. (That's what he's been saying since Halloween! He really likes Mickey Mouse as of late so, Friday night at ohhh, about 9pm I found a great picture on the internet, Bill blew it up and there you have it...Aaron's birthday cake with blue accents. I'm pleased to say Aaron loved it, and so did the other kids. We got away with only one finger, not Aaron's, being stuck in it pre cake cutting time. (I love that I am able to do for my kids what my mom did for all of us. I could never be as good as mom was at cake decorating, but I love being able to do that for my kids, their friends, it's cool. I remember as a kid being so proud of my cake, I could tell Aaron was also.)

Thank you to all our wonderful friends that came to help celebrate. It was so great to have people who care about Aaron, and whom Aaron adores, spend time with him on his special day. It meant so much to us.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Can't believe that Aaron is three. Your did an awesome job on the cake. Olivia looks great. Love her hair. How is it that it comes in thicker? My Mom's did the same thing and we called it duck hair because it was soft, fuzzy and came to a point in the front. How are you liking your new home? Kind of reminds me of your house here.

Lovell Family said...

What a fun day for Aaron...and that cake is AMAZING...I've thought before that I should try to do a cool cake like that...but I'm afraid that would mean having to pull something off like that every year! How lucky your kids are! Happy birthday aaron!

Gretchen said...

Awesome job on the cake! Mom would be impressed! You're right there is just something extra special about the cakes we make and being able to share them friends and family. It's a great family tradition that mom started that I doubt she knew she was starting. So glad Aaron had such a great day!

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday Aaron!!!! Looks like everyone had a great time bowling. The cake looks amazing too.

Grandma Susie said...

Thanks for the great pictures! I was very sad to miss Aaron's 3rd birthday but it looks like you had a wonderful day together.

williams family said...

Happy Birthday Aaron! I can't believe he's already 3, that means Kate is right behind him. They grow up so fast! The cake turned out great, I'm very impressed.

Staiger Smiles said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Aaron!! You are such a big boy!! We love your new bike...spiderman is the best!!