Saturday, April 25, 2009

Aaron's rounds

(This is so far behind schedule.)
 Things worked out well, Natalie left Thursday night and the kids and I drove to Utah, Provo area, Friday morning. Bill had a trip that he was leaving for on Easter Sunday so he stayed behind. Aside from the fact that Aaron threw up all Thursday night and left me tired for the drive, everything went well. 

Here's the actual post. This is solely for journaling, feel free to read and respond but I am not to be held accountable for queasy stomachs: We don't know why Aaron threw up. He doesn't get sick like that, and nothing came after that night. Bill and I were down stairs trying to pack up for the trip and all of a sudden we hear a very high pitched voice coming from upstairs. Bill runs up and yells down, "Uh Rachel, I think I'm going to need your help with this one!" Aaron sleeps on his back, my guess, he choked on the vomit and created the high pitched noise. After the initial flow we could tell that he wasn't done, he couldn't get comfortable. Bill laid down with him in our bed while I tried to get some more things done for the trip. Soon Aaron was laying on the carpet just outside the bathroom where I was. He got squirmy and I pulled him forward onto the linoleum just in time. Round two. When it was over he grabbed a little square of toilet paper, which is all the strength he could muster, walked over to the mess on the bathroom floor and proceeded to clean it up. I quickly stopped him and smiled sympathetically at his response, "I sorry mommy, I didn't mean to." What a sweetheart. The night was full of "rounds" which soon became dry heaves every hour on the hour. In the morning, a brand new day. Aaron was playing with his sister and asking for breakfast first thing as usual. As for me... well, how is it that the mom never gets to recover?

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

YUCK!!!!!

Grandma Susie said...

The joys of motherhood! :)

Cathy said...

Poor thing!!!! Although, I was sick about 6 months ago with the stomach flu laying on my bathroom floor and was wishing my mom was around. Very sad at 36 years old... I still want my "mommy" to take care of me.