Sunday, April 5, 2009

First things first

As much as I very much want to finish documenting our trip to Orlando, it is a very daunting task that I have run out of steam for doing a good job on. So, instead of my whole journal going to pot, I've decided to take a break from the trip and get back to the every day events that make our world go 'round. I will return to the trip at a better time and give it the attention it deserves. As for now...
On Thursday, we had returned home Wednesday, we were able to get in touch with our friends who had come to Vegas for a conference. The Williams, Sean and Liz, brought their little girl Kate and introduced us to their 3 month old Dylan. What a cutie. It was nice to beable to spend time with them and simply visit. We didn't feel like we had to "go and do" just visit was what we did and it was great. Friday, our ward had a Lip Sync competition that Livi and I performed in. So, the Williams were good sports and tagged along. Livi had been invited to participate in a primary lip sync where a few boys mouthed along to Beach Boys "Fun Fun Fun" and the other
primary kids were the beach scene. By watching Olivia's reaction during and after performance one might have thought she was the SHOW! She came off the stage absolutely beaming, and so proud of the job she had done moving her wave back and forth. Performer? I think it's definitely a possibility. The picture of the kids with the two girls are our friends the Woods'. They're in our ward, their dad works with Bill, and the girls, Ashlyn and Ellie are each just a few months younger than Livi and Aaron. 
I decided to show my support for my Young Women's organization, in which I'm the Beehive Advisor (beehive's are the girls in church that are ages 12-13, I teach Sunday lessons and help
with activities once a week.), and joined them in a Lip Sync to "Welcoming the 60's" from the musical "Hairspray". Besides my shoe coming off during a kick and me almost losing my balance and then being surprised by torrential amounts of hairspray being sprayed on us from behind, it was a lot of fun. I'm glad I had the chance to participate. All the acts were so fun to watch. The primary chorister, a man that makes Papa T seem small did "Leader of the Pack" with his girls, and came out on stage with a long wig on riding a little girl's bicycle. HILARIOUS!

Saturday we all splurged and went to Cafe Rio for FREE FOOD! It was "customer appreciation day". Basically, they were trying to increase their sales volume in Vegas to look a little more like Utah's. I don't know if it worked but we all enjoyed it!!!
Sunday, the Williams' departed back for home in Utah and late Tuesday night we were graced with another visit from Uncle Adam and a few of his friends. Zach, Dan, and Mike, accompanied Adam as they made their way down to San Diego for a cruise with their singles ward. They ended up having a great time on their cruise, but I don't think it was as good a time as my kids had with them. Wednesday morning the guys watched the kids while I went on a run... (with this wind lately I felt like I was running in a wind tunnel... the wrong way!) then we went to Chuck E. Cheese's. I didn't know that there was such a thing as a professional Skee Baller, but Dan is one! Wow! The tickets that guy racked up!!! We ordered pizzas and played games and just had fun. I can't believe I didn't take my camera!
With all the wind it's been hard to get outside, so we brought the outside in and set up our TeePee/Tent/Tunnel set from Grandpa and Nana and had a picnic. The kids loved it.
We enjoyed a fun Saturday outside in the sunshine riding bikes. Aaron was finally able to get the idea of pedaling a big boy bike. Granted we taped his feet to the pedals so he didn't have 
much of a choice but he did get it. 2 things: 1. We couldn't get the right pedal screwed on tight enough and so every lap the whole thing would just come off. 2. Don't ever, and I mean EVER leave your kid's side while he's learning to ride a bike and his feet are taped to the pedals! No matter how good they're doing their bound to fall and fall Aaron did. But, because his feet were fastened, he couldn't help himself. Thank goodness Grandma got him a good helmet so he didn't smash his face in. We ran as fast as we could in flip flops and when he was pulled up, bike 'n' all, he said, "Me okay." Such a trooper and a tough little guy!
And, he's very BOY! We all came inside while he stayed outside and through the open front
door we saw naked little bum cheeks! Aaron had pulled his pants down and was PEEING IN THE STREET! He has never seen this before... where on earth did he get this idea? Papa T. would be proud of his grandson conserving water. I raced to grab my camera but unfortunately out of instinct shouted out his name first. He quickly pulled up his drawers and shamed himself into the concrete. Too cute to get mad at. SUCH A BOY!

6 comments:

Meg and Jeremy said...

Looks like you've been having tons of fun! Our address is 7671 W Mesa Verde Ln Las Vegas, NV 89113 Hailey sure misses Livi, hopefully we can get together soon.

Gretchen said...

Looks like you guys have had fun days! How fun that you guys are getting so many visitors lately! Seriously, I think everyday how to work out a trip to see you guys. Got to make it work.

Grandma Susie said...

Gosh, do you ever has a normal boring day? I become exhausted just reading about your adventurous activities! :)

Yeah Aaron! Way to go dude! Now we can go for a bike ride when grandma comes to visit. Wear your helmet and biker gloves! Happy Easter!

Grandma Susie said...

P.S. Aaron, Papa T. is very proud of your "all boy" insight in taking care of business! :)

Gretchen said...

Wow, taping your childs feet to the pedals. I sent the picture to CPS, you'll be getting a call in the morning. :) Ryan

Cathy said...

As usual, you had me rolling in laughter. One more use for Duct Tape :)

Maybe when Livi gets older she will put her "performing" skills to use and become a princess at Disney.... wouldn't that be great.

In the middle of the summer when the lawn needs watering, you'll be happy that Aaron has found a new skill. Just make sure the neighbors don't see him ;)