Monday, November 30, 2009

Black Friday


In keeping with tradition, that Bill and I haven't been able to keep for the past 2 years due to job restrictions, the two of us headed out at 'O dark 30 on the day after Thanksgiving. We weren't hugely impressed with the deals out there but we were able to score on some pretty good deals, one of my favorites was the 99 cent poinsettias from Home Depot. (We got six. Although I wanted more, I couldn't convince Bill of where I would put them.) We were able to find a "preowned" Nintendo DS for Livi for 70 bucks, thanks Grandma. We heard that Santa was able to take advantage of the sales for some Razor scooters and the much anticipated Batman Cave that was topping Aaron's list. (It only started to top Aaron's list after he won the aforementioned scooter at a Candlelighter's Christmas party... go figure. Go figure, Olivia gets the cancer, Aaron gets the huge basket of toys! I suppose it all equals out in the end. She handled it without any ruffled feathers.)

The two of us had a good time together, even if my line cutting experience was suppressed by the presence of Metro cops on duty! Thank goodness Bill has that sense of human decency to wait in line like everyone else... I do vaguely remember him saying to me, "Go do that line thing that you're so good at."
All of our shopping bliss was made possible by my cousin, Sarah who had come in to town with her daughter, Samantha and Sam's friend Ally. The two girls had a weekend soccer tournament that enveloped most their time but it was nice to have family visiting! (That was for all you who secretly read our blog and haven't yet got the guts to come see life here first hand. If you come you can sign a waiver for me to leave your picture off of the blog... yea, probably not.)
One last splurge of the day: as we pulled into our community there were window washers at the model homes. I talked them down from $80. to 30 or $40, I don't remember. But it was fantastic. (There's no way we could do what they did especially as quickly as they did it.)

1 comment:

Lovell Family said...

So good to hear about your holidays...your ward christmas party sounded awesome...I wish I was on the activities commitee and I could pretend that was my idea, next year....Olivia is looking so old (mature), wow! Hey, I also wanted to tell you how much I absolutely LOVE the bedding you gave me. It goes perfect with all the blue stuff I had from the boys. I couldn't have found a better bedding...thank you, thankyou, thank you!! I'll send you pictures when I've got her room all finished!! Happy New year!