Monday, April 12, 2010

Connections with the Easter Bunny


As typical with Bill's job instead of planning for a holiday we plan for Bill going on a trip. Of course we can never be sure if he's leaving or not we just wait for him to call and let us know. This time he called us on Thursday to tell us he was leaving Sunday morning for Prague! (That was actually more warning than we have had in the past.) Cool for him. Cool for us too. I took Aaron out to lunch to celebrate the extra bit of cash flow, all the cool pics and the neat treasures he would be bringing home. Being that he was going to be leaving Easter Sunday we told the kids about his special connection he has with the Easter Bunny. He would call Big Ears himself and have him come to our house a day early. So, Friday evening, Bill came home a little early and we colored eggs. (Getting a picture with only 2 kids looking at the camera is hard enough, I don't know how my mom did it with 5!) The kids were both pretty adamant about doing Easter at our house this year, which in all, is only the 3 time we've ever had it at our house since we've been married. I was glad we did it at our place. It was fun for the kids and it makes memories that much more real.
(I don't get it!? NOT ONCE CAN THEY BOTH LOOK AT THE SAME TIME! It's quite comical.
(This picture was when Aaron discovered a Reese's chocolate egg in his basket. Officially our entire family's favorite candy!) I was
training for my big bike ride so that morning I rode 60 miles and got home much later than had planned due to my riding partner getting a flat. I got home and while I got cleaned up Bill took the kids to get the oil changed. While they were gone the Easter Bunny came and hid all the eggs and left baskets full of goodies. It was a BLAST watching the kids discover their basket goodies and find eggs. They were SOOOO EXCITED with every egg that they found.
Immediately after the last egg was found Bill brought two packages in from the mail. Grandpa and Nana had sent Aaron and Livi Easter boxes. How much more excitement could two kids take?

No comments: