Thursday, April 15, 2010

Meanwhile...

... our credit card company is starting to worry as they see purchases up and down California as well as purchases in Washington DC then Prague in the Czech Republic and then in DC again. (When Bill got home and had to explain our recent travels, listening to him on the phone I started to laugh. It did sound comical.

I liked this one of confession, so not what I'm used to.
The cathedral.
Very gothic looking.

Gretchen said that when she was there, everything was very old looking. That did not seem the case to Bill. A lot of revamping and restoration going on.
This is one of the postcards Bill got. Its the calendar in a clock.

Anyways, Bill's trip to Prague was great. He enjoyed seeing the sights and he did get some great pictures. He didn't necessarily know all the time what he was taking pictures of, but I'm happy he got pictures. He even got one of himself! Gretchen had been able to go there after her senior year to sing in various cathedrals with the school choir and so Bill wondered if the cathedrals he saw were the ones Gretchen had sung in. I had done some asking around and researched some online to find what to do/see/buy while in Prague. Bill thanked me for it and actually used my found data. (I will definitely be doing that for him from now on. While Gretchen was there she had bought me a marionette. I thought it would be really neat for the kids to have them too. So Bill got each of them a "traditional folk" marionette and me 3 hand painted eggs. Perfect, just what they're known for. He also brought home a couple of postcards (can't always rely on the mail service, we learned that from trying to send postcards home from Cancun) and of course, the magnet.

Overall, I asked Bill how he liked it. He said that he would like to go back with me sometime. Not a place to have as a destination, but definitely a place worth spending a day.

2 comments:

Grandma Susie said...

Looks like the weather was perfect. It looks like a beautiful City, full of history. Yes, the confession booths are too funny!

Adventures in Healing said...

Um...I spent 10 days in Prague last year!!!! I love it there. If you need help identifying pictures I'm sure I could be of assistance. And that clock...it's not just any ol clock. Pretty much the most amazing thing made. :)