Sunday, September 20, 2009

Backyard

Not large by any means but we love it all the same. I feel so blessed.

Now that I have a camera I can post what our backyard looks like. We are so pleased with how it turned out. I love the amount of green that is there and the stamped concrete, to me, is so rich looking. It is everything I could've wanted. I know love the 12ft "great wall of China" that I once hated the thought of, as it allowed us to put 8ft high trellises of star jasmines and honeysuckle(the latter of which has beautiful deep orange flowers on as of late) all of which have grown at least a foot since they were planted a little less than a month ago. There's great space on the patio for a future BBQ of sufficient size and an electrical outlet patiently awaits a fountain against the wall. The kids enjoy the patio with their splash table and picnic table, but still have yet to get used to the feeling of the grass. (I figure a cute croquet set may do the trick.) The fountain grass reminds me of our Sacramento home with a smile and I'm grateful to Bill's stepmom, Helen for the nandina recommendation. The bottle tree chosen is beautiful and delicate in the breeze, the green grass makes everything cooler and the raised garden bed at the end of the lawn beckons to me daily. 
We eat breakfast on the patio often and when the evening are cool enough dinner or a game. I sit out there in the dark under the porch light and read. I just love being back there. Just one more space in my beautiful home. I'm so grateful for it.
Thanks to a messed up laminate floor that paid for most of it through Home Depot reimbursing us.(Long story short; not enough moisture in the home can also cause laminate to buckle. Thank goodness I'm persistent, it went to Home Depot's headquarters in Atlanta and from there to Dupont. We were reimbursed the total cost of the floor plus our outside job of installation.) We figured, the floor is functional, most people don't even notice, lets put the backyard in with the money instead of waiting 'til next year and save and do the floor at another time. I'm so glad we did.
A huge thanks to my hubby for working so hard to provide the money to afford us such nice luxuries, of which I am so grateful for. Thanks babe. It turned out perfect.

4 comments:

Grandma Susie said...

The backyard looks terrific! I love the tile and can't wait to sit at the new table. I'm glad you did the grass.

Lovell Family said...

beautiful!

Unknown said...

The backyard looks great! It was fun to see it in progress and now the end result. Wonderful! Wonderful! Miss you guys. Kisses to the kids.

Adventures in Healing said...

I really really love your stamped concrete. It goes so well and looks so beautiful! I have a bottle tree and I think you'll really like it. I also have the jasmine and honeysuckle and if yours goes at all like mine I think you'll find they explode! Mine have gotten huge. I love it. I would love to see a picture of your garden. Sounds like a fabulous time in your backyard.