Monday, September 7, 2009

Boy Time

After school last Thursday, while I had my meeting with Livi's teacher, Olivia was invited to a friends' house, Natalya Reeve, along with Pammie Worthen, to make friendship bracelets and play. To give Natalya's mom, Krystal, some relief, and some fun time for Aaron, after my meeting I picked up Natalya's little brother Branson to have some fun boy time with Aaron. 

We did have a good time. We ran and errand to Michael's where I became very jealous of Branson's very well behaved hands that stayed at his side almost the entire time and then headed home. The boys played with balls, ate cookies, downed Kool-aid like it was goin' out of style and then played in the backyard.
I decided to let them try finger paint on the grass, to which Aaron replied, "Yuck mom, it's yucky!" He was referring to the grass. Yes, my son has been "citified". We have gone more than a year and a half without grass and now to watch Aaron on it you'd think he was walking on hot coals. It is somewhat humorous to witness. (One might wonder, well then where do they play? You would be amazed at all the fun that can be had on asphalt!) 
So, to help my precious little child adapt I threw a towel down and let them go to town. I didn't exactly get the Picaso pieces I was hoping for. Branson did enjoy rubbing his finger in a tight circle to make as make as many colors as possible, and then...
...there was Aaron. Only he could find something to make him "tired" during finger painting. When the boys' hands were getting messy I told them to wipe them off on their bellies. (At this point I was looking for anyway to get Aaron excited about painting. He likes to be messy, he'd love this. WRONG! "EW Mommy, that's disgusting" I believe were his exact words. Who'd 've thought that the little boy who will pick something up off the ground, stick it in his mouth and start chewing, only to answer "I don't know" when questioned what he was eating, would think paint on ones tummy was "disgusting"?! Or as he says it, "Gigucking". ARGHHH, you've just gotta love him! I know I do!!!
Let's see some muscle!

4 comments:

DeAnn and Bob said...

super funny!

Gretchen said...

Aaron just makes me laugh! The tired finger painting is hilarious! Maybe a hint of DNA from Aunt Gretchen's "that's disgusting" DNA reached Aaron! HE-HE!! :):)

Grandma Susie said...

Wow, you have a back yard now; very nice. Boys are so much fun; you got to love them!

Adventures in Healing said...

So I have been SOOOO out of it in the blogging world!
Keller is the same way- he's such a boy, yet he can't stand to get his fingers messy. So strange they are. Looks like a fun time! =)