Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Life

Lately our lives have been filled with... uh... well... uh... stuff! I don't feel like I've had much down time, yet I couldn't really think of much to journal about. I've been working really hard at usable food storage. A solid 3 month supply is not so if you don't replenish! (Funny how that works.) I've been remembering to set the alarm on my phone so I don't miss Aaron's speech therapy on Mondays and Thursdays (this only happened 2 maybe 3 times max.), or his T-ball(never missed but thank goodness for that set alarm, Livi's chemo treatment, music class Thursday morning after speech, playgroup on Tuesdays, library storytime on Wednesdays, my YW/mutual, food storage class, volleyball Tuesday night, and... PTA! Whew, I'm glad summer is here and I don't even have kids in "school" yet! It's been really fun to be so involved. It makes time fly and the days seem not as hot. Every evening from 5:30 on we have enjoyed riding our bikes or playing outside. Being up a little closer to the mountains than the valley affords us great breezes in the evenings. The last couple of weeks I've been reminded of Hawaii weather, in the evening. It's been very nice to go on walks to nearby parks or just sit in the driveway and watch the kids play. We have also been able to enjoy, once again, having such great neighbors. While no one could ever replace our "Madera Family", it's nice to have the Bustillos' family across the path. They have 2 children 12 and 8, the older being a boy, that our kids adore. Every day, if Aaron isn't asking for food, he's asking to play with Jared. And Livi and Trinity play together for hours. Terry, mom, told me the other day that Jared said, "Mom, Aaron's my best friend, and he's only 3!" Terry "watched" the kids while Bill and I went for a little run last night. I told Bill, "Not a day goes by that I'm not thankful for where we live and the people we've met." We both feel so fortunate to have had the neighbors we've had since day one of living in Las Vegas. Livi and I often talk about California and our Sacramento home. Today she said, "Mom, I miss our Sacramento house, but Las Vegas is beautiful." I'm so glad that we have found beauty here. It is anywhere and everywhere. It's what you see in your heart. Beauty, I think, is found where there is love.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Yeah a post!!!! I knew you were busy when you haven't updated the blog in a week!!! Glad to see that so much going on and the kids are adjusting so well.

Lovell Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gretchen said...

It is a good reminder to me that a good post doesn't have to have pictures. Since these are our journals our thoughts and feelings at certain times are just as important to jot down so posterity can maybe relate someday. Thanks Rach:)

mid said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/12-manfaat-susu-kedelai