Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Specifics

So with everything that we've been doing, here are some photos that will bring life to the words from yesterday's entry.
I took the kids to the temple on Thursday, May 21st. I had to pick some things up but wanted to
take the opportunity to show them around. We went into the
lobby and looked at the paintings and spoke of more sensitive matters. I told them about Grandma, and how important the temple is so that we can see her again. I spoke to them of her spirit that I always feel when I am there, and that if they ever miss her, or want to feel of her love, even when they're very old, they too can come to the temple and feel that peace, that families are forever. Livi loved it. Aaron loved seeing the huge murals of Christ in the Americas. They especially loved the beautiful gardens. I want to bring them here often. I'm so grateful for the chance to live so close to a house of God.
Saturday, May 23rd, we were able to get together with part of our "Madera" family, the
Dalhaug's and enjoy a picnic dinner with a movie in the park. The kids adore Jan and Elaine more than words can describe. The movie was Adam Sandler's Disney "Bedtime Stories". Cute movie. Mainly, the kids and I just enjoyed being with our loved ones. And what's not to enjoy when mommy makes scrumptious Chicken Salad Sandwiches on croissants with watermelon and popcorn for dessert!
Cherubs wrapped up with a get-together in the park. We brought cupcakes to share. The kids did a great job icing the treats. The rule was that as soon as your knife went into your mouth you couldn't touch the cupcake or the icing anymore. Needless to say Aaron didn't ice many cupcakes. I think he got through 2 maaayyybe 3 before he started licking the knife and icing himself. Livi of course, ever the persistent one, iced a dozen or more by herself, and then licked the knife! (The cool part for me was that Bill was able to join us for the day at the park. He had been working crazy hours with President Obama being in town, he was somewhat in charge of transportation. Anyways, because of all his overtime, and government being relatively cheap (I say relatively because it's absolutely ridiculous what they will spend to protect a single man), instead of getting paid for all the hours, they gave him a day off during the week. It worked out well for me considering I messed my neck up terribly and could hardly move it up or down. It hurt to even sit! I don't know what I did. Mid-day Tuesday is when it started and by Thursday I was incapacitated.
Saturday, May 30th, our Young Women's group had a pool party. I wasn't able to stay long but took Aaron with me so he could get a quick swim, while Livi stayed home with Dad to get ready for her 4th birthday party that week! Aaron had an absolute blast. It is amazing what this kid will do in the water. He has absolutely NO FEAR! No body was in the pool. He saw the diving board and asked what it was. I told him, "It's to jump off of into the pool." So, (keep in mind he hadn't gotten in yet) he climbs up, runs to the end and jumps right in! I LOVE IT! He really knows how to have all the fun. He also thought this ledge was pretty cool. This last Monday, the 1st, I took the kids to a friends to go swimming. While Livi practiced without her floaties (she refuses to take breaths. Her lung capacity amazes and scares me at the same time. Perhaps Navy Seal is in her future.), Aaron jumped off the 3ft+ "cliff" they have in the deep end. CRAZY!

The kids enjoyed writing letters to Uncle Bill and Aunt Karen, my mom's sister and her husband.

Aaron finished his speech class for the school year. He wanted to bring in a treat for the last day, like Cherubs, so we made "blueberry cupcakes" aka: muffins.

We even enjoyed an outing to the cannery. And thus propelled me into my next adventure... making granola! (Gotta love the price of those oats. 25lbs for under $10!)

2 comments:

Steph said...

Hey busy friend. We need to get together sometime so you can blog about us :)

Jessica said...

Oh, I want your granola recipe! It's always nice to be busy and involved in worthwhile things. I'm glad to hear that you have found beauty in Vegas...gives me hope for Manhattan. :)