Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What a fun day!



Last Tuesday, June 9th, started with a tour of our local station 48 fire department. I, having grown up "in" a fire house like to see how other stations look. The kids love just seeing all the equipment. The guys were really great with all the kids and Livi and Aaron both behaved in a manner that would make Engineer Uncle Garrett and Retired Captain Papa proud. I laughed when we walked into the living quarters and saw all the rocker/recliners lined up in front of the tv,
so typical! And, Uncle Garrett, Redding needs to step up their level of tours, ALL the kids got to spray the hose from the truck!!! I never even go to do that! Livi thought it was pretty cool. Aaron, needless to say, loved it. Maybe it's in the genes, cause none of the other little boys were quite as excited as him. I did get a bit teary eyed... when the fireman came out in full turnouts and BA Aaron was terrified and hid behind me. He undressed down to his uniform and got back in his gear and still Aaron was scared. That was disconcerting to me, that he was so fearful of this man who someday may need to save his life! We tried to get all the kids warmed up to him and pull on his jacket, give high-5's. Aaron wasn't having it. Finally, I walked up and stomped on his foot in my 3 inch wedges! All the other mom's gasped and I told all the kids to come do it! The other firefighters encouraged the kids as well. Steel toe boots, gotta love 'em.

For lunch we went to Costco. Or more accurately we went to Costco and counted coins so we could get lunch there while we shopped. It's always a fun day when we get to go to Costco!

Aaron had his last T-Ball practice of the season. He had a 6 week class that turned out really good. The time was Tuesdays from 4-5 which could've been disastrous, but the weather was really nice with cool breezes for most of the practices. The coach had his issues but Aaron got as much out of it as he would've with any coach. I'm waiting on some cute pics to give all the details. The last class was a bit like the first... a lot of complaining. This time was because "it's Sunday!" What he was trying to say was that it was a sunny day. He convinced me that he didn't want to take his hat, why I let a 3 year old convince me of anything I do not know, but he did and so he didn't have a hat. The sun was bugging his eyes and so I went on the field to be his personal sun shade. !!!


The evening was not a disappointment in the slightest. The kids flew their new kites, we go
through kites rather quickly here, and had great success. They did such a great job at it in fact that Aaron saw no reason to keep flying the kite when it didn't seem that he was all that needed. He passed it off to Bill to go play with the neighbor. Bill passed it off the the fire hydrant.

We saved the best for last. Homemade raspberry ice cream! YUMM-O! We started it just 
before 7 with our neighbors. Everyone helped mix the ice cream. Everyone sat and watched it churn. And sat. And sat. And sat. After 15 minutes of sitting the kids grew restless and went about finding other things to pique their interest. 2 1/2 hours later!!! We had scrumptious ice cream!!! And tired babies. We'll start sooner next time.





These photos are compliments of Aaron who finally realized you need to be able to see what you're taking a picture of on the viewing  screen. (Trinity is in the pic with Aaron and Livi. Alex, Terry, and Jared posed nicely for Aaron from top to bottom.

3 comments:

Steph said...

I love great days like this.

Lovell Family said...

Just wanted you to know I got your message....sorry I haven't called beack. I hope you guys had a good time in Whyoming...that's where you went right? I look forward to getting the bedding so I can start painting! THanks again!

Bryan Crew said...

You have always been so good to get to know your neighbors. Good for ya'll!